Eyes Open Meditation
Eyes Open Concentrative Meditation
- Select a crystal to use as a focal object for meditation.
- Ensure you have cleansed it well prior to working with it.
- Make sure you are comfortable, in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
- Place the crystal where you can comfortably gaze at it, preferably at eye level.
- Begin your meditation by slowing your breathing, noticing the in-breath and the out-breath and with each out-breath consciously relax your body from your head down to your toes.
- When you are ready focus your eyes on the crystal, try not to stare, just keep your gaze soft and relaxed.
- If any distracting thoughts come into your mind allow them to be acknowledged and then breath them out and away.
- As you gaze upon your crystal
- notice how you feel;
- is the crystal ‘drawing you in’?
- are you experiencing anything in the way of images, sensations or thoughts?
- Continue to gaze upon your crystal, allowing any experiences for as long you as you are comfortably able.
- When you feel ready to end your meditation stretch your body and drink some water to ground you.
- Cleanse your crystal before putting it away.
It is a good idea to write down any experiences you had during this meditation making a note of the crystal used and the date